Friday 27 March 2009

Cheddar Ales Totty Pot


Well, with a name like this I had to use my top totty to pose with the beer for the picture!


We know Cheddar ales well, thanks to Little Nik, but I had not come across this particular beer before. The brewery 'nestles on the slopes of the Mendip Hills and is within a stones throw of the famous Cheddar Gorge' according to the web site (http://www.cheddarales.co.uk/). This particular beer has apparently just won a gold medal at the national brewing industry awards.


It is a bottle-conditioned dark porter. It is brewd using Marris Otter, wheat and dark malts and and hopped with a blend of English whole hops. It has an ABV of 4.7%


It was definitely smoother to the taste that the Cotleigh's Buzzrd, the last dark beer I tried, and I liked it better.


In case you're wondering, Totty Pot is the name of a swallet hole or sink hole in the Mendips

No comments:

Post a Comment