Saturday 30 January 2010

Moorhouse's Blond Witch

This one is something of an interloper, in that it is not one of my sixty beers. But as it is an interesting beer and I came across it while working my way through the sixty 'official' beers I thought I would include it, as I have done on a couple of other occasions over the past twelve months.

Moorhouses is a brewery we have encountered before, on August 27. The key thing about them is that they are based in Burnley, which is Pendle Witch country, and that it where Helen hails from. And she it is that is responsible for this bottle coming into my possession.

It is described on the label as a light-coloured premium ale with a sweet malt and citrus flavour, leaving a dry after taste, refreshing to the end, and it is exactly as described on the tin. This is my sort of beer.

Ingredients identified are malted barley and fuggle hops. ABV is 4.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment