Sunday 6 September 2009

Quercus Prospect

Quercus, who I had not come across before, is a small family run independent brewery based near Kingsbridge in Devon. I think it is pretty new, as it does not appear in my Good Beer Guide. Quercus is the Latin name for an oak, which the brewery say they have chosen as a name "...because there are many parallels between the oak and what we as a company are trying to achieve. The oak tree is an iconic feature of our landscape, our history and our mythology. Its strength, quality and versatility are all characteristics that we at Quercus hold dear." I wish I could refer you to their website for further information but, though it exists at www.quercusbrewery.co,uk, it is a single page and contains no useful information!

As for the beer itself, it is described as "a quaffing ale". It is a rich copper colour, good aroma and excellent balance of hops and malt - exactly what it says on the tin! No information is given about contents at all and it does not appear to be bottle conditioned. ABV is 4%. A very nice beer, which I would certainly drink again.

No comments:

Post a Comment