Friday 30 January 2009

Welcome!

Tomorrow, I start my seventh decade on the planet. Today, I had a knock on the door and a man from Federal Express announced that he had five packages for me. What could it be? He brought them into the house and I signed for them, then examined them closely. They were marked 'Fragile - Handle With Care' and originated from Tuckers Maltings.

They contained 60 different bottles of beer and were from my five siblings, to commemorate the completion of my sixth decade - sixty beers for sixty years.

Over the next several months, I shall be sampling these beers and recording my tasting notes here on this blog. If you want to share this journey, then make sure you visit this place regularly over the coming months. Comments would of course be very welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Big Bro! I am most concerned about the effect thast this latest birthday has had on you! According on to the time stamp on your first post you stared the blog at 0428 on friday morning and consumed the first of your beers at about half six on the morning of your birthday! Now I know that you older people don't need as much sleep as us youngsters, but this does seem a little extreme! Nonetheless, enjoy the celebrations and we hope to see you soon. Working in the NW will of course NOT qualify as the special occasion meet to celebrate your 60th - other arrangements will be necessary! M&S xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very observant of you! In fact these timing are all on California time, so I have gone through and corrected them all. I hope that puts your mind at rest.

    ReplyDelete